Friday, June 22, 2012

Sea Shore Box For Tilda

Front view of my Sea Shore Box


Back view of my Sea Shore Box

Hi everyone, I thought I would enter this project in the Midweek Magnolia challenge, which is Anything but a Card.


Wow I had to put my thinking hat on.
So I decided to make this box. I had no template or pattern so made it up as I went along. I used my score board and just started measuring and I came up with this box. I put the ribbon on as a way to close the box.

I used this Tilda image and the Sea Shore as my theme. It was fun to put together.
For my Tilda I used Copic pens, E11, E00 & R81 for her face. E39, E43 & E79 for her hair. B34, R83 & R85 for her dress, bows & hat. B00 & B21 for water. 
CS is from SU, ribbon from my stash and Sea Shore stickers from K&Company.

Our weather here in NW Oregon has been cool inbetween warm days. Really odd weather patterns.

I am not feeling my best, always tired.  I know the surgery results, will help me be more like myself. I look fwd to being cancer free.

I make a lot of cards and I also quilt. As a widow, I still have a hard time being alone so much. John has been gone now for 2 1/2 yrs. Still seems just like yesterday he was still with us.

Many thanks to all who come by and say hello. Have a super fun and great weekend.
Blessings to all
Doreen

19 comments:

  1. Very awesome sea shore box!! I hope you feel better soon...big hugs to you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....what a gourgeous box. I like all your beautiful details.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Doreen, This is very impressive! I'm so impressed that you made the pattern up yourself! Just look at all of those super fun embellishments!
    I'm sorry to read that you haven't been feeling well.
    I will add you to my prayers.
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Tilda card and love the sweet theme. Lovely box :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the flip flops
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet box, Doreen. Tilda looks lovely and all your beach embellishments are perfect for your theme. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable box!!!! Love the sea shell theme and Tilda is just fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there. It is good that you are using your art to help you cope. Beautiful, serene art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Doreen, I love your box, what a surprise!! from the first picture I thought it was another lovely card but hey!! surprise it's a wonderful box. Great Work.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops!! I totally forgot to thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias Doreen. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty created by you!! You did a fantastic job! Hope you start feeling better REAL SOON!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice project - I love all your embellishments. Your cards are wonderful and your boxes too. Keep on keeping on and creating. Having a creative spirit is good for the soul!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Love your embellies...I have such a hard time finding beach accessories!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great box! Loves those flip, flop! Your design is great.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project, Doreen! Look at all those great embellishments and a lovely Tilda to admire as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Doreen, your box is so darling!! I love all the embellishments that you have added to it and the wave border you punched on the edge of the flap!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Doreen, Love your Sea shore box!! One of my favorite Tildas!! You do beautiful work!!
    Thanks for joining in the Magnolia-licious challenge! Good luck and God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful creation Doreen and a wonderful Tilda just perfect for our theme over at Midweek Magnolia! Good luck with the challenge Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
    I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .

    . Anyhow, excellent site!

    Also visit my homepage ... weightloss centers

    ReplyDelete