Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Lord Is My Rock

Welcome to my blog this wonderful Lord's Day.

This Tues. is our first day of Spring. It is fun the see all the crocuses and daffodils and tulips break through the wet earth to be warmed by the sun and then to later burst into bloom.

I love spring flowers. They are so bright and pretty.
Winter is full of wind, rain, snow and other strong weather elements. But the flowers just hang in there and mature and grow.

As we live our lives, we also face different elements similar to winds, rain and snow.

But when we strive to lean on our Lord, he protects us and guides us. The Lord is our Rock and gives us strength and wisdom.

When I was going through bankruptcy, I was hit hard by never ending phone calls. It was like a storm I thought I would not survive. But reflecting on God's word and keeping it in my heart and mind to reflect on really saved me.

"I love you, Lord, oh my strength. The Lord is my Rock and my fortress and deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge. My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Psalms 18:1 & 2


Have a great week everyone, and may we lean on the Lord our Rock and Shield.

Prayerful Blessings, Doreen


No comments:

Post a Comment